1. Hobcaw Point: Home to the beautiful Hobcaw Yacht Club, this incredible Mt. Pleasant neighborhood is nestled at the mouth of the Wando River and has a full array of architectural styles including split-level, brick ranch, and Charleston singles. This subdivision is all about location, location, location and is merely minutes from the Charleston Harbor by boat.
2. Molasses Creek: Situated next door to Hobcaw Point, Molasses Creek is loaded with gorgeous brick homes, rambling creeks, beautiful scenery and is only a mile away from local shopping and health food stores including Whole Foods and Trader Joes.
3. The Old Village: By far the most sought after neighborhood in Mt. Pleasant, the Old Village is one of the area’s oldest waterfront neighborhoods. Committed to preserving their special stretch of local businesses, their libraries, churches, restaurants, and old fashioned pharmacy with a soda fountain are well loved by locals. Enveloped by the Charleston harbor and loaded with mossy oak trees, meandering streets, and salty sea breezes, this sparkling gem is full of traditional southern charm.
4. Cooper Estates: This well-established, historic neighborhood is home to large lots, well-built homes, and convenience to area schools, shopping, and beaches. Edged by the famous Shem Creek which is loaded with local seafood markets, restaurants, walking trails, and a plethora of watersport opportunities, Cooper Estates is an awesome neighborhood to live in.
5. Bayview Acres: One of the original Mt. Pleasant neighborhoods located on Coleman Boulevard, this community offers enhanced property values, large lots, and a perfect location. So perfect, in fact, it’s within walking distance to the Cooper River Bridge, Shem Creek, Downtown, Whole Foods, Starbucks, and Trader Joes! While just a few homes are actually on the water, the neighborhood offers a community boat ramp along w/ a park, tennis courts, and a place for picnicking.
6. Hobcaw Creek Plantation: This lovely waterfront community is located off Long Point road making it super close to 526, shopping, restaurants, and the beach! While waterfront homes abound, the neighborhood still has a community boat ramp and dock, a swimming pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, and play park.
7. Hamlin Creek Plantation: Situated on the banks of its namesake and offering salty breezes year round, Hamlin Plantation is in extremely high demand. With luxury homes and townhomes as well as its convenience to the beaches, shopping, and local entertainment, this neighborhood is easily becoming one of the most sought after waterfront neighborhoods in Mt. Pleasant.
8. Charleston National: Located on the Intracoastal waterway and enveloped by majestic oak trees, meandering marshes, tranquil wildlife, and a world-class golf course, Charleston National is an amazing neighborhood to live in. Offering townhouses, single family homes, and luxury waterfront estates, this neighborhood has something for everyone.
9. Rivertowne: A waterfront community located on the Wando River, Rivertowne offers myriad homestyles, spectacular water views, an Arnold Palmer signature golf course, pool, boat docks, tennis courts, and a stunning club house perfect for weddings and events.